So how to do the waterproofing on colour steel tile roof, we will show you the factors and problem-solving methods.
(A) The harmful of colour steel tile roof water leaking
1. Affect the normal operation of the factory and cause economic losses.
2. Induces rust and makes leakage more serious.
3. Increase the probability of accidents.
(B) The factors of colour steel tile roof water leaking
1. It is caused by natural aging.
- The colour steel tile roof is exposed to wind for a long time, and the joints and screws are easy to fluctuate and wear.
2. The thickness of waterproof coating unevenly.
- The surface of the colour steel tile roof must be coated with waterproofing coatings, such as QL-Roofing Waterproof Coating and QL-Waterproof Sealant, and etc. If there are coated unevenly, the roof will be prone to cracks and cause water leakage.
3. During the transportation.
- The larger the size of colour steel tile roof, the more inconveniently during the transportation delivering. We are hard to see the slight deformation. The more vibrating in the subsequently use, the deformation will be larger, which will eventually cause water leakage.
Firstly, we use the QL-Waterproof Sealant to strengthen the special parts, and then paste it with QL-Non-Woven Fabric. After that, apply with QL-Roofing Waterproof Coating with 2 times. Apply to the second time where there is dry and does not stick to the hands
(D) Application Methods
1. Base surface preparing: clean the dust on the surface of the coloured steel roof, and then clean the floating dust on the metal surface with water, and the rusty parts need to be rusted.
2. Strengthen treatment of special:
(i) Apply the QL-Waterproof Sealant at the 10-20 cm wide part of the colour steel tile lap joint, the area around the screw (radius 5-10 cm), and the 10-20 cm contact part of the colour steel tile and the wall.
(ii) The coating is prohibited from hollowing, blistering, and poor curing. If there have any problems as above-mentioned, it should be repaired, and the next process can be carried out after repairing. After the primer is applied, paste the QL-Non-Woven Fabric, and then apply a layer of QL-Waterproof Sealant to make a bond firmly and without warping edges.
3. Large-area construction:
(i) Apply the QL-Roofing Waterproof Coating on a large area for the first time. When brushing, apply a new coating on top of the other when the previous layer no longing stick to hands, and the direction of brushing should be crisscross-cutting.
4. Cleaning and acceptance check