Many people will think of knocking off the tiles, digging out the backfill, and doing the bathroom waterproofing again. This is a common way, however, there is not effectively as not only time-consuming, laborious and costly, even make an inconvenience to whole-family life.
Here are a simpler and more effective way to solve the toilet leak.
First: Case Study
1. An owner’s master bathroom around 43ft2. There was a water leakage problem for more than a month and 15cm crack on the floor. The owner unwilling redo the waterproofing and intend to construct on the surface of the tiles directly, but the problem of water leakage still has not been solved.
2. The ceiling downstairs is damp. When the water consumption is large at night, the leakage is particularly serious. It is obvious that the water flows down the wall.
3. The apartment was built in 2001 and has now entered the maintenance period. Other owners’ toilets also have different leakage problems.
Second: Leakage diagnosis:
First, understanding of leakage from the owner, it was preliminarily determined that there was no problem with the water pipe. And by closing the main water gate, the possibility of water pipe rupture and leakage is ruled out. Proceed as follows:
(1) Firstly, turn off the main water gate in the owner's home, turn on all the taps in the home and drain all the water in the pipes, and then turn off the taps. After the water is completely drained, do not use any water for half a day or a whole day.
(2) After confirming that there is no obvious leakage downstairs, open the main gate again, and do not use any water for half a day or a whole day after two or three hours.
(3) After inspection, it was found that there was no obvious leakage downstairs. It can be determined that the source of the leakage did not come from the water pipe.
(4) And when the water consumption is large at night, there will be obvious leakage problems downstairs, and it can be determined that the source of the leakage comes from the ground.
Third: Analysis of the cause of leakage:
(1) The junction of the drainage pipe and the floor is not properly waterproofed. The reason may be that there is a problem with the waterproof design plan, or the quality of the waterproof material is not good enough, or the details are not properly handled during the construction process, or the subsequent construction damage The waterproof layer is removed, causing water to leak from the junction between the roots of the pipe.
(2) The quality of slab concrete pouring is unqualified, which results in excessively large or uncompacted gaps.
(3) The sand and gravel content of the waterproof concrete on the toilet floor exceeds the standard, and the various materials are not proportioned according to the specified requirements, coupled with improper vibration and improper maintenance, resulting in leakage and cracks on the toilet floor, causing water seepage.
Fourth: Patching program:
After negotiating with the customer, a solution for repairing leaks without smashing bricks in the bathroom was developed. QL No. 3 Transparent Coating was used to avoid smashing bricks on the tile surface.
Fifth: Construction plan:
1. For obvious gaps between the tiles, clean the gaps first, and then apply with QL- Ceramic Tile Sealer to fill in the gaps.
2. Clean the surface of dust, oil, water, etc., and keep the base surface clean and dry. It is forbidden to enter, leave, and use the bathroom before drying.
3. After the base surface is completely dry, mix QL No. 3 Transparent Coating at a ratio of 1:1, mix well and start painting.
4. Apply QL No. 3 Transparent Coating on the entire surface that can be exposed to water, such as tile surface, tile joints, wall joints, pipe roots, etc., and do not miss the brush. After the first application is dry and not sticky, apply the second application. In the process of painting, the painting direction is crisscrossed, and pay attention to the need to strengthen the treatment of the gap.
5. Do not touch water before and after construction to prevent dust sticking, keep indoor ventilation, and the coating is completely dry before use.
Sixth: Closed-water testing:
1. After the coating is completely dry, plug the toilet drain, fill the toilet with water, and the water storage height is not less than 20mm.
2. After 24 hours, the water level did not drop significantly, and there was no more dripping and leakage downstairs, which proved that the leak was successfully repaired.
Seventh: : Advantage analysis:
1. Find the source of the leakage first. If the source of the leakage is not clear, rushing to construct it will definitely treat the symptoms rather than the root cause. Over time, leakage will still occur.
2. The construction without smashing bricks saves costs and troubles, so that family life can be on the right track faster.
3. Strengthen the details. Like crevices, the walls need to be painted carefully, and do not miss the paint; if you don't paint the entire wall, at least paint to the highest point of 180cm reached by the water.
4. The transparent waterproof material does not affect the decorative effect of the tiles, and at the same time it is wear-resistant and blisters, and does not affect the use of the later toilet.
Eighth: Construction Video